Star Wars experiences abound at Hollywood Studios as we await the opening of both Toy Story Land (opening sometime next year) and the long awaited Star Wars Land itself (which just broke ground so 2019 at the earliest). However, the ubiquitous walls are still halving Hollywood, the other parks are preparing to take them down.
- Tiffins at Animal Kingdom opens over Memorial Day weekend and over 30 shops are slated to open at Disney Springs as well.
- While the “Rivers of Light” show seems to be delayed again, the park’s nighttime hours seem ready to start in the coming months with the new Sunset Safaris and expanded hours for rides like Dinosaur and Expedition Everest with a temporary Jungle Book themed show standing in for ROL for the duration of the summer.
- Frozen Ever After and “Soarin’ Around the World” open on June 17th
- Dory joins the cast of “Turtle Talk with Crush” (also on June 17th, even though she already appeared in the attraction back in October of last year)
- MK gets a new stage show at Cinderella Castle as well as a new M&G for their latest TV princess (“sometime in June” but I’m guessing it’s somewhere between the 16th and 18th)
I can’t say I’m a fan of Frozen, but my six-year old niece IS. Unfortunately, she’s visiting the first week in MAY and my AP is “blacked out” the entirety of June, July and most of August (so no photos over Summer).
I know the Jungle Book show is “temporary,” but I’m kind of hoping if it becomes a success and they move it into either Theatre in the Wild (“Finding Nemo: The Musical”) or Caravan Stage (“Flights of Wonder”) – the former offering more space and the latter a better fit thematically… or even keep it in the ROL amphitheater as a daytime show (why waste good space?).