Today is Friday the 13th, and (as of this writing anyway) nothing bad has happened to me yet. I did go to Hollywood Studios, and forgot to take my camera with me (“oooh, look, honey, it’s a wall.”).
Yes, I had my phone on me (but thanks for suggesting the obvious anyway), but I can’t get it to zoom in properly. No good photos (or least not enough for a gallery), but I DO have a half dozen blurry videos of me cursing the ground as I’m trying to adjust the magnification on my phone. But, more importantly, I also have a listing of the SW stuff currently on offer in the park:
- “Path of the Jedi” – a 10-minute clip show in what used to be “Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey,” but I somehow ended up in line to meet that annoying snowman from Frozen. This movie is lazy, filler content at its worst and will hopefully be replaced with something else come September (when my AP “unlocks” again). Maybe I should have gotten the damned photo after all.
- “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” – a live show allowing kids to “face their fears” as on-stage Jedi guide them through battles with Darth Vader and Kylo Ren. I passed by this show twice during my visit (as the usual pathways around the park were walled off) and it can be fun or painful to watch depending on the acting talents of the guides.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” – is a “live show” combining the same clips from POTJ with cameos from some of the better known characters who come out, walk around the stage a bit and say one or two lines and then leave the same way they came in. Also, because this show is at the plaza in front of The (formerly) Great Movie Ride, there is ZERO shade.
- Star Wars Launch Bay is actually several “experiences” in one highly themed building. The most popular being the M&Gs with Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Kylo Ren while an awkward (and semi-hidden) hallway has various computers set up with demos for the latest SW video game. If you snake your way through a series of galleries of memorabilia from the films, you’ll find yourself in a surprisingly small gift shop.
- Generic making of movie (more like an infomercial) in the Star Wars Launch Bay Theater that doesn’t even have a title on Disney’s website, but consists of the same clips as POTJ and “SW:AGFFA” interspersed with boring talking head interviews with the writers, producers and other LucasArts employees about how “awesome” the franchise is and how “lucky” they are to work on it. Seriously, they can find something better to put in here even if it’s just POTJ.