I had a brief errand to run off property this afternoon and this roughly two hour hiatus has given me a chance to think back over the past 3 days of my trip.
- While my Magicband only denied my entry to one park so far, it continues to be somewhat hit or miss on opening my unit’s door. It takes anywhere from two to four taps for the lock to recognize the band. So it’s not a total failure…
- While I’m not the biggest fan of the newly announced Toy Story Land at DHS, the area that it’s slated to be built in is pretty much being wasted at the moment with the only attractions in that area being “Toy Story Midway Mania” and “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure.” The former will be worked into the upcoming land. The latter will likely become the main entrance to TSL.
- Some sites are suggesting that “Muppet-Vision 3-D” will be cut to make room for Star Wars Land, but given the popularity of the attraction and the new Muppets “reality show” on ABC plus two phenomenally popular eateries (the nearly impossible to book Mama Melrose’s and kid friendly Pizza Planet) the chances of this area going anywhere are basically zero.
- Meanwhile on the other side of “Streets of America,” if they remove the currently vacant Premier Theater, the soon-to-close “Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show” and the last remnants of the “Studio Backlot Tour” they might have enough room for Cars Land.
- I don’t mind an Anna and Elsa meet and greet in EPCOT, but I’d really like to see a Hiro and Baymax M&G in Japan (as they were recently removed from DHS for “technical reasons”) and absent importing his hugely popular ride from Disneyland Paris one of Remy and Emile from Ratatouille (Princess Aurora can be moved to Fairy Tale Hall at MK).
- Speaking of animals, it’s time they retired Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable on the 2nd floor of The Land pavilion. It’s been there for over 20 years, and they can probably find a way to work a story around Kiara and either Kovu (Scar’s son from LK2) or Kion (her younger brother in the upcoming series The Lion Guard) …or better yet both!
- You know, “Tomorrowland Speedway” really doesn’t fit the overall theme of its home land. If they remove it, they’ve got plenty of space for at least two attractions (maybe a shorter version of “Horizons” plus a better M&G area) on the Tomorrowland side and another two rides in Fantasyland\Storybook Circus (or one medium sized amphitheater).
- Doing this likely means rerouting the perennially unpopular “WEDway Peoplemover” which I’m okay with since the ride needs a good rewrite anyway. I think I’ve already posted here about how they need a POP Century-ish redo of “The Carousel of Progress” (the scripts already exist, and they probably still have many of the props, so why not?).